- Decide with your partner that in the event of children one parent should stay at home to provide child(ren) with stable primary caregiver.
- Have child(ren) and stay home with them!
- Internalize society’s bullshit that staying at home with children is not a valuable contribution to said society, particularly since it is not paid work.
- Resolve to look for ‘real work.’
- Jump at work opportunity that sounds perfect on paper.
- Ignore your gut that it is in fact NOT perfect for you.
- Stress yourself out to remain committed to the job, despite the fact that your husband and friends are actually threatening to have you… committed.
- Ignore all other creative endeavors (blogging, writing, photography) because these are not paid work.
- Grasp at straws.
- Forget why you made the decisions you made, what you really want out of life and why you matter.
I guess you don’t really need ten whole steps to get there. The formula is probably much simpler:
- Let anyone other than yourself and those whose opinions actually matter decide your worth.
- Ignore your gut.
Let me know how these work out for you!