Since I started writing a blog two years ago I have posted exactly 215 posts.
Since I joined Instagram, exactly four months ago, I have snapped 260 photos. That’s almost two a day!
<valleygirlfont> I could give myself a hard time about it or I could like, take this is an opportunity to like, learn something or whatever.</valleygirlfont>
And so, without further ado, here is a scientific look at the process of writing a blog post:
- Lay awake at 3am crafting the perfect way to make potty training, tantrums, and toy surrender refusal (I made that up its not a thing) sound scintillating.
- Next morning hide in tbe bathroom with computer.
- Turn on computer.
- Still waiting….
- Turn on the Internets.
- Open up Wordpress.
- Sign in.
- Realize you’ve forgotten your own password since you never blog anymore.
- Reset password.
- Finally log in!
- Greeted by hundreds of new comments! Hurrah!
- Realize comments are all spam.
- Weep into morning coffee.
- Lament the lack of comments/page views/unique visitors/death of blogging career.
- Blame self.
- Upon further examination blame EVERYONE ELSE.
- Resolve to actually write.
- Open a ‘New post.’
- Stare at blank screen and wonder of the minuteau of day is worth writing about.
- Decide you’d rather watch Downtwon Abbey with your remaining free time.
- Find iPhone. Easy to do since it’s actually been surgically attached to hand in ground breaking procedure.
- Locate subject: toddler, dog or food product.
- Aim and shoot.
- Share instantly.
- Receive ‘feedback’ instantly.
- Ride the high of likes and comments until the next photo op presents itself seven minutes later.
So you see? How can I really blame myself for my lack of blogging when the blame lies squarely with Intsagram’s ease of use.
For a fabulous collection of photos of food and my toddler and dog (FASCINATING) please find me on Instagram at ’shesuggests.’