Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka

Alternative post title? I am A GENIUS.

So Halloween came and went. Aliza was a duck by the way. And I had all of this candy that I took from my child without so much as giving her a bite, lick or taste of any of it.

Why mom? Why would you take my candy?

Because my child, I needed it to make delicious candy flavored vodka with.

Do you want to take candy away from your children/your neighbor’s children and make delicious candy flavored vodka too? Okay, it’s super easy. I just followed the tutorial that this person (dude? dudette?) already made but used mason jars instead of flasks.

I started by sorting the candy…

…then un-wrapping it and dumping it into the mason jar (make sure to do it right over the jar so you don’t end up with annoying microscopic pieces of candy everywhere) and then simply pouring vodka into the jar.

I used 12 Jolly Ranchers in each flavor and filled the jar half way with Smirnoff vodka. I had quart sized mason jars (32 oz) and 5 candy flavors (Watermelon, Cherry, Green Apple, Blue Raspberry and Grape) so I used up one 1.75L bottle of vodka.

But the jars seemed so pessimistic being only half full like that, so I added 12 more pieces of candy for a total of 24 Jolly Ranchers per quart sized mason jar. I waited until the candy dissolved, stuck the lot in the freezer and VOILA several hours later I had the best candy/vodka! (Codka? Voddy?)

I couldn’t even snap a picture of the final product fast enough because they done disappeared! (Watermelon went the fastest, followed by green apple and blue raspberry, cherry is oddly missing and I still have grape in my freezer.)

Happy Imbibing!!!

PS android husband would like to remind the blog audience that I made these for a party, he notes that I do not mention this elsewhere in the post and that you, the blog audience, is likely to assume I made these for personal consumption.

PPS android husband would also like remind the blog audience that alcohol is to be consumed responsibly and only by those of legal drinking age without any pre-existing conditions prohibiting the consumption of alcohol…he’s kind of a buzzkill ain’t he?

Pin It

Tags: , , ,

46 Responses to “Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka”

1. Jessica says:

You could make some seriously fun jello shots with this vodka.

2. OK… references to Android husbands commentary made me laugh. Does he think you’re funny like I do? Android husband… she’s funny. I have to admit, I was a wee bit worried when you said you hardly had time to take pictures, So thank you android husband for the clarification.
    Dana

3. Alma says:

Wow! What a great idea. I will make plenty for my divorce party. Thank you.

4. LuAnn says:

So…when is your next party? *lol*

5. Eva Gallant says:

So does it form “slush” or is it frozen solid?

Neither. The jolly ranchers completely dissolve into the vodka, and since vodka doesn’t freeze it’s just like plain vodka…I did not notice a bit of a syrupy quality to it when pouring.

6. Natalie says:

I love your PS’s!!

I also love Jessica’s idea and may be taking these to a birthday party I attend at the beginning of December. I think I’d like the Watermelon best too!

Watch out if you buy a pack of them they always stick you in exorbitant amounts of grape and hardly any of the good flavors.

7. Shell says:

I must try this!

8. Jen says:

Fabulous!

But why did you have to make it for a party?! Now there is not enough left for you. ;-)

9. Watermelon, apple, raspberry, cherry, grape -
    It’s like your five daily servings of fruit at one party.

In other words, you’re a giver.
    AND a genius.

10. Poor little duck, having her candy stolen by mommy for evil purposes. ;) She’s adorable in her costume, by the way.

Halloween candy is for Mama and Daddy to steal. It’s payment for walking the young trick or treaters for miles around town and playing bodyguard.

I wonder if the hundreds of lollipops we received would work with this? I have no party in my near future, so I will readily admit, I will partake of this sweet alcoholic tastiness all by my lonesome (hippy hubby doesn’t drink).

Great post! Hugs! ~Kasia

11. Kris Mulkey says:

THAT IS AWESOME! Love it and might just have to give you a little linky love on BevMo FB page. If that’s all right with you!

12. Amber says:

Ummm seriously you should of titled this “I AM GENIUS!!!” You are my hero…

13. Rima says:

That is way classier than Jell-o shots. I must try.

And my husband is always telling me to explain things to my readers. Apparently he’s very concerned about my rep.

Holy Vodka drinks, Batman! That is awesome and I am totally trying it!

15. Asinthia says:

The pics you took to go along with this post are too cute. I love them . And I have to laugh cuz just yesterday I had a craving for jolly ranchers so I went and bought some. Than just now sifting thru my fb posts I see your blog post in BevMo! Too cool
    Awesome post awesome pics. :)

16. Falon Barmaki says:

LOL!! I Love it!! I haven’t had it since I had my kids (not much desire to drink when you have little ones waking you at 6,lol), but I might have to make a batch for Thanksgiving. My fav is definitely watermelon. Yup, watermelon martini time!!

My kid totally woke me up at 4 the next morning and I’m not gonna lie it HURT. Can I just say again that you are my hero? Three kids? HERO.

17. I so did this last year after Jill posted about it with Skittles and Jolly Ranchers are totally just as yummy. I will be doing this one too. Thank you!

What’s cool about Jolly Ranchers is that they completely dissolve, so you don’t have to strain the candy…of course eating the Skittles remains wasn’t so terrible either.

18. Marinka says:

Gorgeous. I don’t like vodka, so I’ll be trying this with Chardonnay.

“I don’t like vodka” and you are officially dis-barred from the BlogBloc…or something. If you like your wine with flavors there is always ChocoVine!

19. Kelly Tirman says:

love this idea. I need to have a party so I can try it out!

20. All of that vodka makes me feel slightly ill – I just had a very bad experience with vodka last Friday night. Funny, but bad, very baaad.

21. Mandyland says:

Genuis!

I have vodka. Must go get Jolly Ranchers.

Wait.

Does that make me a bad mom? The fact that I don’t have candy in my house but do have hard alcohol? Or does that make me a good mom?

Hmm…

22. Smedette says:

Mmmm…also works with Skittles.

23. [...] over at She Suggests posts about making Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka…need I say [...]

24. Carri says:

OH MY WORD.

::running off to buy Jolly Ranchers::

25. Elizabeth says:

This is steller! I’ve got to try this. I’m wondering though if you get drunk just the same with having them in the vodka?

26. Amber says:

I am wondering how well this would work with Rum? Also, I always thought that alcohol doesn’t freeze, so what consistency is this when it’s done? And LOL at your husband! Too funny :)

I’m not sure about rum, but it sounds delicious. Alcohol doesn’t freeze and being Russian I have always kept my vodka in the freezer. The consistency of this particular combination is like syrup but I bet that depends on how much candy you use, good luck ;)

27. Megan says:

When you added the 12 extra Jolly Ranchers, did you fill the mason jars all of the way or did you leave them half full??

Thanks for the great idea!!

28. Jade says:

You must try the blue raspberry as a mixed drink with trop50 tropics a lemonade!!!

29. [...] Halloween candy making Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka from leftover Halloween candy. I followed her Jolly Rancher Infused Vodka recipe, except I used pint sized jars because I’m [...]

30. Joslynn says:

I have made this several times and I love it. When the jars were half way filled I’m guessing 8oz you used 12 jolly ranchers as I do…when u added the additional 12 did you use an additional 8ozs of Vodka to make 16oz a pint or u used 24 ranchers to 8 ozs????

Thanks