Saturday Surf and Turf

Fast food edition.

I’m starving. There is nothing (ready made) to eat. All we have is prepackaged food. But sometimes that’s ok.

Take polenta and fry it up, add some goat cheese, top with marinara sauce and a sprinkling of greens and voila! Lunch or dinner in under fifteen minutes.

And onto the surfin’

I always need help setting my table.  But she’s missing the placement of the shotglass, which is crucial, in my humble opinion.

It’s so cool to think one day my kid can learn things from her relatives. This reminds me of the time my aunt, an art major, taught me about the birds and bees by drawing anatomically correct body parts. I am still slightly horrified.

Okay so these people have lived in their house for all of six months and their house looks like this, I’ve lived in mine for six years and I won’t even bother showing you a picture, unless you like that “unfinished” look…

The type A person in me is in love with these lunch boxes! The B- is in me is unwilling to make that many different cutesy poo little things for one lousy meal for one lousy person.

Oh my lord, I simply MUST make this! NOW.

Awesome homeschooling, info graphic!

I have been thinking about moving for some time now, to places like San Francisco or Portland, but this makes me want to move to Montana.

I get this, I so do.

Know what I love? Chocolate, obviously. But also? People pursuing their dreams.

That’s all folks, see you for surfin’ and turfin’ next time.

Notice how I don’t say next week. For the new folks, I am shall we say inconsistent? That’s better than flaky so we’ll go with that.

Tags:

17 Responses to “Saturday Surf and Turf”

1. Thanks for getting me. (And for the shoutout. But mostly for understanding the push and pull.)

Also, I adore polenta. Please come over.

2. Great stuff! That polenta looks yummylicious.

Those lunch boxes make me want to have an excuse to NEED a lunch box.

And that’ lady’s living room OMIGOSH. We’re moving soon, I might steal some ideas. Her sofa is awesomesauce (I spend a lot of time on the sofa, what can I say).

Only The Pioneer Woman can make a simple iced coffee look THAT good.

Have a great Sunday, Yuliya!

3. Can’t wait to go visit all the other recipients of your bloggy lovin. Inconsistent is the new cool in blog land. It keeps them guessing… didn’t anyone tell you?
    Dana

4. Jessica says:

I’ve never had polenta before but I’m thinking I should try it since I have everything else for this recipe in my house.

Ooh, I’ve always wondered what you do with polenta….that looks great!

6. Lady Jennie says:

I am still thinking about the iced coffee and the gorgeous lovefest house. Now if I could be sipping that iced coffee while vacationing in that house, all would be will.

Congrats on your SITS day.

7. lbddiaries says:

Wow! This is my first Saturday (on Monday) Surf and Turf – I like it! I learned all sorts of neat things and am in envy that that 6 month old house looks so amazing. In a week, I will have been in our home a year and I’m still unpacking, figuring out where things go and getting rid of stuff – not to mention trying to figure out what color to paint the living room!

8. liz says:

If this is “fast food” to you, I’m scared at what a typical dinner entails.

You totally make me feel inferior, Yuliya! :)

9. Connie Weiss says:

I made that iced coffee last weekend and it is AWESOME to have a pitcher in the fridge whenever you want an iced coffee!

That lunchbox is amazing. I need it!

Now that looks yummy. Please come over and make it now.

11. So you seriously have goat cheese, polenta, marinara and greens lying around your house?

Lucky.

(I know. I suppose I could, too. But I’m too lazy. I have Honey Nut Cheerios. Does that count?)

Still, I loved the pictures, the recipes and the surf suggestions.

You ARE a good suggester.

12. Poppy says:

I love polenta, but I never know what the hell to do with it except throw Prego on it (or Honeynut Cheerios, thanks Julie so thank you). I love your inconsistency, it makes me feel so much better about my own.

13. Alexandra says:

I like that…see you next time.

VERY NICE.

smooches..

14. Alexandra says:

I love all these blogs: for inspiration and visual delight.

But, let me tell you, if I held them as a standard?

Pffffft…you’d find me jumping of the 42 story bank 30 m ins from here.

Just letting you know.

IMPOSSIBLE to be that person in those blogs, but the inspiration? Just wondrous.

Still, it makes me sad that would and could never be me: no matter how much I wish it were.

WHERE do people find the time? I BARELY do the basics around here: the yard, the laundry, the cooking, the time with family.

HOW DO PEOPLE DO IT.

That’s the first question I want to know.