Lately I’ve been busy. And by “busy” I mean busy reading blogs. But I miss talking about food and taking pretty pictures of it.
So I’ve decided to add a new weekly feature around these here parts. Every Saturday I will once again resurrect my food posts and also share with you what’s been keeping me busy out there on the interwebs. And by “every Saturday”, I mean sometimes Saturday, sometimes Sunday, sometimes not at all, if you know, life gets in the way.
In honor of my re-entry back into food blogging and in honor of Stephanie re-launching her new blog, Like the Vodka. My first food post snippet is a breakdown of the incomparable Russian delicacy “Fur Coat”
I know what you’re thinking, why? WHY? But honestly it’s delicious! Really! Now I can’t provide a recipe at this time because I’ve never made this delicacy myself, but the next time I catch a real Russian in action working hard on sewing the fur coat I will take lots of pictures and badger them for a recipe.
Onto the surf part (of surf and turf), here is what I’ve been reading this week…
- A list of resources on ways that you can help Japan.
- We gave money to ShelterBox, note that the donation amount will be in pounds.
- And now that you’re all depressed here is some funny to cure you. Guess who’s back to blogging? Tiffany! Check it.
- Do you have a hard time decoding what people really mean? Wendi is here to help!
- Just when I felt like throwing in the towel and complaining about this never ending winter, Tracy (who is overwhelmingly generous and lovely) offered me a new perspective on the season.
- My friend, Brittany of Mom Army fame, is doing a giveaway of her fantastic (and craftastic) felt food on her blog, Mama’s Felt Cafe. So stinking cute, go, enter, win!
- And last but not least, even though Mother Nature was determined to keep me apart from my sweet and lovely bloggy friend Nichole this weekend, (she was in Tahoe but the roads were closed! Curse you Mother Nature!) I felt like she was telling me this exciting piece of news over coffee.
That’s all folks! What I’ve been reading and eating. Thrilling, yes?